Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple Watch 8 will not pair with my iPhone 12, says iPhone out of date

I just got my new Apple Watch 8. Trying to pair it with my iPhone 12 running iOS 15.7, but it keeps saying “iPhone out of date. This Apple Watch requires a newer version of iOS.” But I have 15.7. Why won’t it pair? According to the line offered, I should be good.

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 2:37 PM

it will only work with an iphone with ios16

8 replies

Oct 15, 2022 3:52 PM in response to ahalharbi

ahalharbi wrote:

Apple
please fix this issue .. itry mane time to pair with iphone 13 ios 15.7 but i cant

really i hate when i buy the watch.

Apple isn't here, won't see your request, nor respond to you. This is a user to user only forum. Just us users helping other users.

If you want to communicate with Apple directly, this is the link you need to use --> Feedback - Watch - Apple

Oct 10, 2022 7:51 AM in response to cephasatl

I am having this same problem. My phone software is up to date (iOS 15.7) and my Watch series 8 won't pair. I have heard terrible things about iOS 16 so I really don't want to update my phone to 16 until they work out some of the glitches. I was on the phone with Apple Support for 45 minute last night and they weren't able to get it to work. I'm hoping I can take it in to Apple and have them do it without me having to update my phone software.

Oct 10, 2022 7:57 AM in response to amac12

iOS 16 is terrific and I've had absolutely no issues at all on two iPhones. No one in my office who is on iOS 16 is having issues. I know lot's of other people on iOS 16 and none are having issues. Don't believe everything you read out there.

But you'll need to update to it if you want a new watch which came with WatchOS 9 to run on your iPhone.

New Apple Watch 8 will not pair with my iPhone 12, says iPhone out of date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.