Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone has stolen my iPhone 11 and disabled Find my Phone

Someone has stolen my iphone 11 and disabled Find my Phone. Is that possible without having my iCloud account credentials

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 6:21 PM

First … Remain calm. Do NOT panic.

Your phone and the personal data it contains is VERY securely protected by it’s passcode.

Thieves prey on the bad decisions we are more likely to make when anxious.

Next = = =

Start working thru this checklist:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Place it in “Lost Mode” with an on-screen message of how to contact you for a return.

Caution: Don’t reveal personal info in the screen message; it will be viewable by ANYONE in possession of the device. Just stick to the bare minimum info needed to reach you.

Finally = = =

WARNING: Going forward - in the coming minutes, days, weeks, or even months - EXPECT messages from the thieves, usually claiming to be Apple (or sometimes the police) which attempt to phish your personal info so as to be able to break into your phone and/or AppleID.

These are criminal attempts; although they can appear VERY “official,” polished, and convincing.

Disclose NOTHING and do NOT follow any links they might contain.

Absolutely DO NOT EVER provide ANY of your Apple credentials (AppleID, AppleID Password, or Device Passcode) in response to these messages.

They are NOT from Apple or from anyone else legitimate.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2022 6:21 PM in response to tymelka69

First … Remain calm. Do NOT panic.

Your phone and the personal data it contains is VERY securely protected by it’s passcode.

Thieves prey on the bad decisions we are more likely to make when anxious.

Next = = =

Start working thru this checklist:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Place it in “Lost Mode” with an on-screen message of how to contact you for a return.

Caution: Don’t reveal personal info in the screen message; it will be viewable by ANYONE in possession of the device. Just stick to the bare minimum info needed to reach you.

Finally = = =

WARNING: Going forward - in the coming minutes, days, weeks, or even months - EXPECT messages from the thieves, usually claiming to be Apple (or sometimes the police) which attempt to phish your personal info so as to be able to break into your phone and/or AppleID.

These are criminal attempts; although they can appear VERY “official,” polished, and convincing.

Disclose NOTHING and do NOT follow any links they might contain.

Absolutely DO NOT EVER provide ANY of your Apple credentials (AppleID, AppleID Password, or Device Passcode) in response to these messages.

They are NOT from Apple or from anyone else legitimate.

Sep 17, 2022 10:42 AM in response to Chattanoogan

Thank you for the replay and advise but My best guess is they most probably hacked it in some way. I don't see my iPhone on the device list of my other Apple devices. I don't see it on my iCloud Account either. I also Received an email from Apple that I have disabled Find my Phone which I did not. below is the message from apple:

Find My has been disabled on "my name".

With Find My disabled, this device can no longer be located, placed in Lost Mode, or remotely erased using icloud.com/find or the Find My app. In addition, your Apple ID and password will no longer be required for someone to erase, reactivate, and use your iPhone.

Someone has stolen my iPhone 11 and disabled Find my Phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.