Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to import health data from files?

Hi there,

now that the health app includes medication tracking I’d like to include my previous data. The app I used for that isn’t supported by Apple. Can I save the data on files and import them into the health app? How else can I import data to the health app?

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 1:38 PM

Hi there AnnaG89,

Have you tried adding the data from this specific app to the Health app with these steps:

Add information from other apps
1. Open the Health app.
2. Tap your profile picture in the top right-hand corner 
3. Under Privacy, tap Apps. You can see apps that you already own that are compatible with Health. If you can't see an app, it may not be compatible. 
4. Tap an app and turn on the health categories you want that app to track.

You may also need to open the app and adjust its settings to allow it to share data with Health. 

If you don't see the app listed, as you mentioned, it may not be compatible. If it's not compatible, you can add the information manually with these steps:

Enter information about your health
1. Open the Health app and tap the Browse tab. 
2. Tap a category, such as Activity. 
3. Tap a subcategory, such as Steps.
4. Tap Add Data in the top right-hand corner.
5. Enter the date, time and data for that activity.
6. When you've finished, tap Add.

You'll find these steps and more information here: Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 1:38 PM in response to AnnaG89

Hi there AnnaG89,

Have you tried adding the data from this specific app to the Health app with these steps:

Add information from other apps
1. Open the Health app.
2. Tap your profile picture in the top right-hand corner 
3. Under Privacy, tap Apps. You can see apps that you already own that are compatible with Health. If you can't see an app, it may not be compatible. 
4. Tap an app and turn on the health categories you want that app to track.

You may also need to open the app and adjust its settings to allow it to share data with Health. 

If you don't see the app listed, as you mentioned, it may not be compatible. If it's not compatible, you can add the information manually with these steps:

Enter information about your health
1. Open the Health app and tap the Browse tab. 
2. Tap a category, such as Activity. 
3. Tap a subcategory, such as Steps.
4. Tap Add Data in the top right-hand corner.
5. Enter the date, time and data for that activity.
6. When you've finished, tap Add.

You'll find these steps and more information here: Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Take care.

How to import health data from files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.