Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Fixed Position Volume Controls” Missing on iPad

Something kind of weird is missing from my volume preferences on my iPad Air 5th gen! For some reason, the “fixed position volume controls” tab is missing! I don’t know if this is an issue or what! Also, is anyone else experiencing this?

And yes, my iPad is up to date

I have tried Turing it on and off again!

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 3:00 PM

Dynamic volume controls were introduced with release of iPadOS 15.4 onwards. For reasons known only to Apple, the ability to either enable or disable this feature is not available for the iPad Air5 and iPad mini6.

Use the Home, side, and other buttons on your iPad - Apple Support

Apple invite submission of constructive comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback pages. If you would like to see the ability to disable dynamic volume control functions for your iPad Air5, this would be the most appropriate channel through which to make your voice heard:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 3:00 PM in response to 17001005

Dynamic volume controls were introduced with release of iPadOS 15.4 onwards. For reasons known only to Apple, the ability to either enable or disable this feature is not available for the iPad Air5 and iPad mini6.

Use the Home, side, and other buttons on your iPad - Apple Support

Apple invite submission of constructive comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback pages. If you would like to see the ability to disable dynamic volume control functions for your iPad Air5, this would be the most appropriate channel through which to make your voice heard:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

“Fixed Position Volume Controls” Missing on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.