Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Using Exessive RAM and hangs

Since last week, Every-time I open Safari My RAM Jumps up from 5-8 GB to 15 GB! My Mac becomes very sluggish almost impossible to work upon and Its only for Safari. I have to Always force quit it.

No Tabs open, Only 2 Extensions Installed, BitWarden and Grammarly.

I have a MBP 14, 2021 M1 Pro And i think it's fair to assume that my mac is not SLOW. And i Keep cleaning the Cache and other gunk regularly as well.

Every other Browser and Application Works fine but this one is a real issue.

Is anyone else Facing the same issue? Please Help.

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 6:49 AM

Ntropy86 wrote:

Since last week, Every-time I open Safari My RAM Jumps up from 5-8 GB to 15 GB! My Mac becomes very sluggish almost impossible to work upon and Its only for Safari. I have to Always force quit it.

I have a MBP 14, 2021 M1 Pro And i think it's fair to assume that my mac is not SLOW. And i Keep cleaning the Cache and other gunk regularly as well.

Quite Safari.app and relaunch it holding the Shift key down

No resolve— try disabling 2 Extensions Installed, BitWarden and Grammarly and compare your results.

Safari User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Try a differnt browser and compare your results....

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2022 6:49 AM in response to Ntropy86

Ntropy86 wrote:

Quite Safari.app and relaunch it holding the Shift key down

No resolve— try disabling 2 Extensions Installed, BitWarden and Grammarly and compare your results.

Safari User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Try a differnt browser and compare your results....

Safari Using Exessive RAM and hangs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.