You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

(Windows) iCloud Passwords can't delete?

Hey,

I've been having this issue for a few months now where I can't delete this phantom password no matter how much I try it won't delete. It won't show up on my iPhone at all. Any tips?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 9:51 PM

1 reply

Sep 20, 2022 2:12 PM in response to Community User

Hello ArarsoM,

Thanks for posting! It looks like you're iCloud Passwords on your PC, and you're unable to delete a specific entry. As a test, see if you're able to use these steps to edit the password saved for that website entry. Knowing if you can modify it at all would help in narrowing this down: Manage iCloud passwords on your Windows computer - Apple Support

"Edit the user name, password, verification code, or note

If you change the user name or password for an account, you can update it in the iCloud Passwords app. You can also edit the password note or remove the verification code. Those changes stay up to date on your Apple devices that have iCloud Keychain turned on.

Important: If you change the password for an account in iCloud Passwords, make sure you also update it on the website so you can continue to sign in.

1. Open the iCloud Passwords app and sign in.
  2. Click the account you want to update.
  3. Click the Edit button, then do any of the following:
    • Edit the user name, password, or note.
    • Click Delete Verification Code.
  1. Click Save.

Note: If you selected not to save a password in iCloud Keychain or iCloud Passwords, you can’t edit the account. You can only delete it."

If you're able to edit/update the password there, try deleting it again and let us know if that works. Take care.

(Windows) iCloud Passwords can't delete?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.