Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to update my iPhone iOS

what do i do if it won’t let me update my phone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 10:12 PM

Do you see any error messages when you try updating your iPhone? Are you updating to a newer version of iOS 15, or upgrading to iOS 16?

Regardless, if any of the following are true, your phone may not be able to update:

• The specific phone model does not support the update. << This shouldn't be an issue for an iPhone 11
  • The phone has been "jailbroken."
  • The phone is running an iOS beta. If so, then you will need to remove the beta profile first.
  • The phone does not have enough free space. Typically it should have at least 5GBs available to update.
  • The phone is configured for either or both Low Power Mode or Personal Hotspot.
  • The phone is not connected to power and it has less than 50% charge left.
  • The phone is not connected via Wi-Fi to the Internet. It won't update on a cellular-only connection … unless it is on certain 5G cellular networks.
  • The phone is connected via a VPN.

Ref: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't update - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2022 10:12 PM in response to andreaaa-

Do you see any error messages when you try updating your iPhone? Are you updating to a newer version of iOS 15, or upgrading to iOS 16?

Regardless, if any of the following are true, your phone may not be able to update:

• The specific phone model does not support the update. << This shouldn't be an issue for an iPhone 11
  • The phone has been "jailbroken."
  • The phone is running an iOS beta. If so, then you will need to remove the beta profile first.
  • The phone does not have enough free space. Typically it should have at least 5GBs available to update.
  • The phone is configured for either or both Low Power Mode or Personal Hotspot.
  • The phone is not connected to power and it has less than 50% charge left.
  • The phone is not connected via Wi-Fi to the Internet. It won't update on a cellular-only connection … unless it is on certain 5G cellular networks.
  • The phone is connected via a VPN.

Ref: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't update - Apple Support

Sep 16, 2022 10:13 PM in response to andreaaa-

andreaaa- Said:

"what do i do if it won’t let me update my phone?"

-------

If an iPhone Update will not Install:

A. Update Using a Computer:

Do so using WiFi or Ethernet on a computer.

B. Uninstall iOS 16 Beta:

Have iOS 16 beta installed? If so, uninstall it, and you would be prompted to upgrade to iOS16.

I am unable to update my iPhone iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.