Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setup iPhone without verification code

How can I setup my iPhone to my iCloud backup without a second Apple device

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 2:59 PM

Hello, Bullockoz.

To start us out, please take a look at this article: Set up your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. Steps 5 & 6 discuss signing in with your Apple ID and into iCloud.

If you are being asked for a verification code but do not have the device it would be displayed on, check this helpful article for more information on two-factor authentication: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support. The 'What if I can't access a trusted device or didn't receive a verification code?' section should help:

"If you're signing in and don’t have a trusted device handy that can display verification codes, you can have a code sent to your trusted phone number via text message or an automated phone call instead. Click Didn't Get a Code on the sign in screen and choose to send a code to your trusted phone number. You can also get a code directly from Settings on a trusted device. Learn how to get a verification code.

If you use iOS 11.3 or later on your iPhone, you might not need to enter a verification code. In some cases, your trusted phone number can be automatically verified in the background on your iPhone. It’s one less thing to do, and your account is still protected with two-factor authentication."

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 2:59 PM in response to Bullockoz

Hello, Bullockoz.

To start us out, please take a look at this article: Set up your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. Steps 5 & 6 discuss signing in with your Apple ID and into iCloud.

If you are being asked for a verification code but do not have the device it would be displayed on, check this helpful article for more information on two-factor authentication: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support. The 'What if I can't access a trusted device or didn't receive a verification code?' section should help:

"If you're signing in and don’t have a trusted device handy that can display verification codes, you can have a code sent to your trusted phone number via text message or an automated phone call instead. Click Didn't Get a Code on the sign in screen and choose to send a code to your trusted phone number. You can also get a code directly from Settings on a trusted device. Learn how to get a verification code.

If you use iOS 11.3 or later on your iPhone, you might not need to enter a verification code. In some cases, your trusted phone number can be automatically verified in the background on your iPhone. It’s one less thing to do, and your account is still protected with two-factor authentication."

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

Setup iPhone without verification code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.