Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Macbook AIR M1 no app can access microphone and camera.

In Macbook M1 no app can access microphone and camera. Please tell me what's so i can solve. Even when any app try ask to open preference, settings are not to allow.

I seen here in settings

Settings/Security & Privacy/Microphone

Settings/Security & Privacy/Camera

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 4:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 5:18 PM

You need to configure macOS to allow each app access to the Camera and Mic. See these Apple articles for details:

Control access to the camera on Mac - Apple Support

Control access to the microphone on Mac - Apple Support

If this does not work, then it may indicate you have some third party software installed which may be interfering with the normal operation of macOS. Typical culprits are anti-virus apps, cleaning apps, and third party security software ... none of which are needed on a Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2022 5:18 PM in response to TahirSiddique_

You need to configure macOS to allow each app access to the Camera and Mic. See these Apple articles for details:

Control access to the camera on Mac - Apple Support

Control access to the microphone on Mac - Apple Support

If this does not work, then it may indicate you have some third party software installed which may be interfering with the normal operation of macOS. Typical culprits are anti-virus apps, cleaning apps, and third party security software ... none of which are needed on a Mac.

In Macbook AIR M1 no app can access microphone and camera.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.