Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of my notes have disappeared over night

All of my notes have disappeared. They were under the folder ‘on my iphone’ and i last looked at it last night. I dont have iCloud connected so i cant find it on there. I also dont have a recently deleted folder for some reason so im very concerned.

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 3:27 PM

They did just say they didn’t have notes connect to iCloud so I don’t know why you keep sending the same copy and pasted response to all posts.

I have had the exact same issue, I’ve lost very important stuff off my notes. Including sentimental things like all the dates my son had his ‘firsts’. First steps, first tooth. All gone. Because Apple is a piece of crap I’ve now completely lost faith in.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2022 3:27 PM in response to Jeff_888

They did just say they didn’t have notes connect to iCloud so I don’t know why you keep sending the same copy and pasted response to all posts.

I have had the exact same issue, I’ve lost very important stuff off my notes. Including sentimental things like all the dates my son had his ‘firsts’. First steps, first tooth. All gone. Because Apple is a piece of crap I’ve now completely lost faith in.

Sep 20, 2022 3:39 PM in response to Brawner_faun

Hi Brawner_faun,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. It looks like you've come from a helpful article about recovering your notes: If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

"

If you store your notes with a third-party account or email service, like Gmail or Yahoo, check your settings:

1. In the Settings app, tap Mail.
  2. Tap Accounts, then tap the email account that you want to check.
  3. Make sure that Notes is on.

If you use Notes with more than one email account, just repeat the steps for each account. If your account is missing, learn how to add an email account to your device.

"

Another method would be recovering your notes on the iCloud website by following these steps: Delete and recover notes on iCloud.com

"

You can recover and edit notes you deleted in the last 30 days on iCloud.com or on your devices that are signed in with the same Apple ID. However, you can’t recover notes you permanently removed.

1. In Notes on iCloud.com, select Recently Deleted in the folder list on the left.
  2. If you don’t see Recently Deleted, you don’t have any notes in that folder, and there’s nothing to be recovered.
  3. Select a note, then click Recover in the toolbar.
  4. The note moves to the Notes folder.
  5. If you want to move a recovered note directly to a folder you created, drag the note from the Recently Deleted folder to another folder.

"

Take care.

All of my notes have disappeared over night

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.