Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I unlock my sons phone if I don’t iCloud email or password

I bought the phone for my son got divorced I just now got the phone back. My son does not remember his Apple ID or password. How can I unlock his phone

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 7:02 AM

You will have to see whether one or more of the following suggestions work for you:

(1) Use the following links to retrieve your Apple ID or Password.

Click 👉 If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Click 👉 If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

——————————

(2) If your son was successful to retrieve the Apple ID information then you can try the following. If NOT, then go right to the last step listed here.

You will have to reset the passcode to your iPhone by following the instructions in this guide published by Apple 👉  If you forgot the passcode or if your iPhone has been disabled. You will need a computer to execute this procedure and all the data on your iPhone will be erased.

—————————-

(3) Do you have the proof of purchase of that iPhone? If YES, then you can take that to your local Apple Store and see whether they can help you OR you can contact  ➔ Apple Support

If you do not have the proof of purchase then you will not be able to get past the Activation Lock and therefore will not be able to use that iPhone.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2022 7:02 AM in response to haynes16

You will have to see whether one or more of the following suggestions work for you:

(1) Use the following links to retrieve your Apple ID or Password.

Click 👉 If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Click 👉 If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

——————————

(2) If your son was successful to retrieve the Apple ID information then you can try the following. If NOT, then go right to the last step listed here.

You will have to reset the passcode to your iPhone by following the instructions in this guide published by Apple 👉  If you forgot the passcode or if your iPhone has been disabled. You will need a computer to execute this procedure and all the data on your iPhone will be erased.

—————————-

(3) Do you have the proof of purchase of that iPhone? If YES, then you can take that to your local Apple Store and see whether they can help you OR you can contact  ➔ Apple Support

If you do not have the proof of purchase then you will not be able to get past the Activation Lock and therefore will not be able to use that iPhone.

Axel F.

How do I unlock my sons phone if I don’t iCloud email or password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.