Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New sim

Hi

I changed providers and put in my new sim into my iPhone 8 now I seem to have 2 numbers. I want to keep my old number what should I do.

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 10:42 AM

I changed providers and put in my new sim into my iPhone 8 now I seem to have 2 numbers. I want to keep my old number what should I do.

You still have the telephone number of your 'old' carrier and a new telephone number of your 'new' carrier.

If you want to keep your phone number and change carrier, you should have indicated to the 'old' carrier.

Subscribers can take their telephone number with them (also known as number portability) to another carrier.

You must inform the 'old' carrier that you want to take your phone number with you to the 'new' carrier.

The 'old' carrier will take care of the switch, and informs the 'new' carrier about this.

You must declare on time, and keep in mind that you will not be able to use your number for a few days. This all depends on where you live.

If the SIM format is different, visit or contact your 'new' carrier and request a replacement SIM card, normally it is free.

How to fix (?) . . . . , contact your 'old' carrier and 'new' carrier.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2022 10:42 AM in response to brid150

You still have the telephone number of your 'old' carrier and a new telephone number of your 'new' carrier.

If you want to keep your phone number and change carrier, you should have indicated to the 'old' carrier.

Subscribers can take their telephone number with them (also known as number portability) to another carrier.

You must inform the 'old' carrier that you want to take your phone number with you to the 'new' carrier.

The 'old' carrier will take care of the switch, and informs the 'new' carrier about this.

You must declare on time, and keep in mind that you will not be able to use your number for a few days. This all depends on where you live.

If the SIM format is different, visit or contact your 'new' carrier and request a replacement SIM card, normally it is free.

How to fix (?) . . . . , contact your 'old' carrier and 'new' carrier.

New sim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.