Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone out of date

Hi , I got Apple Watch series 8 and trying to pair it with my iPhone 7 of iOS 15.7. But I am getting the message as iPhone out of date and this Apple Watch need newer version of ios.

can you please help me with this

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 8:08 AM

The Apple Watch 8 requires watchOS 9, which itself requires an iPhone 8 or later. See the watchOS 9 Compatibility section at watchOS 9 - Apple

If you want to keep and use your Apple Watch 8, you will need to purchase a newer model iPhone that is able to run iOS 16. At this point, any new model Apple Watch probably has watchOS 9 preinstalled, making it incompatible with an iPhone 7.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2022 8:08 AM in response to jamuna083

The Apple Watch 8 requires watchOS 9, which itself requires an iPhone 8 or later. See the watchOS 9 Compatibility section at watchOS 9 - Apple

If you want to keep and use your Apple Watch 8, you will need to purchase a newer model iPhone that is able to run iOS 16. At this point, any new model Apple Watch probably has watchOS 9 preinstalled, making it incompatible with an iPhone 7.

iPhone out of date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.