Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create Custom Activity Type

Is there a way to create a custom activity type and name it instead of using "Other". For example, I would like to create an activity such as "Yard Work" or "House Work" and be able to track HR, Calories, etc. When I use "Other", I have no way of knowing exactly what activity I was doing when looking back.

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 11:43 AM

Not at this time. You can create as many custom-named workouts in the Other category, but you cannot create a new category.

To create Yard Work as a named Other workout, follow these steps:

1) Open Workout app and locate the Other category but don't tap it.

2) Tap the three dot More button at the right side.

3) Choose Create Workout.

4) Select Custom.

5) Tap the Add button and select Work and then choose Open or Time.

6) Scroll down and give it the custom title of "Yard Work."

7) Press Create Workout

You then have an Other workout with the name Yard Work, which you can tap to use and reuse.

Repeat the steps for House Work and any other workout you want. Once created, just tap on the workout you created and do your thing!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2022 11:43 AM in response to bdrph

Not at this time. You can create as many custom-named workouts in the Other category, but you cannot create a new category.

To create Yard Work as a named Other workout, follow these steps:

1) Open Workout app and locate the Other category but don't tap it.

2) Tap the three dot More button at the right side.

3) Choose Create Workout.

4) Select Custom.

5) Tap the Add button and select Work and then choose Open or Time.

6) Scroll down and give it the custom title of "Yard Work."

7) Press Create Workout

You then have an Other workout with the name Yard Work, which you can tap to use and reuse.

Repeat the steps for House Work and any other workout you want. Once created, just tap on the workout you created and do your thing!

Create Custom Activity Type

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.