Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch and wrong Apple ID

I bought a new iphone and when I tried to connect my watch, it keeps trying to connect to an Apple ID that is not mine. I logged out of my ID ( on the phone) and then logged back in. But it stills keeps asking for the password for the incorrect ID. I reset the watch and attempted to connect to the new phone again but the same thing keeps happening.

Does anyone know how to fix this ?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 1:37 PM

11 replies

Sep 17, 2022 5:02 PM in response to NoToqueMe

When you say the phone is new,was it brand new in a sealed box?,I've seen this before where somebody bought what they thought was a new phone and it turned out to be a phone that somebody had returned and didn't remove the phone from their apple account so the phone was locked to somebody else's apple id.

Apple Watch and wrong Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.