Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change my primary Apple ID account?

How can I change my primary Apple ID account

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 5:02 PM

An Apple ID account is for life. You can change the email address used to access the account, but if you get a new Apple ID account that all purchases made with the old Apple ID must be made all over again, and cannot be transferred to the new Apple ID. And also if an Apple device is activation locked to the old Apple ID you will no longer be about to reset or sell the the phone, because it will require the old Apple ID and password to remove activation lock.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2022 5:02 PM in response to Danmane

An Apple ID account is for life. You can change the email address used to access the account, but if you get a new Apple ID account that all purchases made with the old Apple ID must be made all over again, and cannot be transferred to the new Apple ID. And also if an Apple device is activation locked to the old Apple ID you will no longer be about to reset or sell the the phone, because it will require the old Apple ID and password to remove activation lock.

How can I change my primary Apple ID account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.