Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to put notifications on top in iOS 16?

I updated my iPhone 12 Pro Max to iOS 16 yesterday. It seems fine. the only thing annoying about it is that the notifications seem to be on the bottom of the screen rather than the top.

I searched and found where I can "stack" or spread the notifications, but there's nothing about moving them back to the top where they belong. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 11:40 AM

Had I known there was a ridiculous move of the notifications, I would have stuck with Ios 15. Yes, I'd take security updates until I figured a way to not lose functionality. I definitely won't be getting an Iphone 14 if this is how they look at updates. sad, because I was liking the Iphone. Now, not so much.

The reason I moved to Iphone from Android is because of the poor choices they made when deploying Kit Kat. Now, there's no other options.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2022 11:40 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Had I known there was a ridiculous move of the notifications, I would have stuck with Ios 15. Yes, I'd take security updates until I figured a way to not lose functionality. I definitely won't be getting an Iphone 14 if this is how they look at updates. sad, because I was liking the Iphone. Now, not so much.

The reason I moved to Iphone from Android is because of the poor choices they made when deploying Kit Kat. Now, there's no other options.

Sep 18, 2022 1:21 PM in response to perfectreign

I don't think you understand. If you do somehow manage to roll back to iOS 15, which we've told you isn't supported, you won't get security updates and very soon those who chose to only update to iOS 15.7, will have no choice but to update to iOS 16.

This means if you roll back, as Apple releases security updates to patch some vulnerability, you won't get them. You won't get feature updates at all.

Of all the changes Apple has made over the years with major iOS releases, this to me, is the least major change of them all. It's unfortunate moving notifications from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen is somehow so unsettling to you, but that's how it is and it's best to get used to it. Or sell your phone and buy something else. But be assured Android and Google also make changes to the User Interface as their devices change and mature.

The day things stop changing, our time on this planet will have stopped.

Sep 19, 2022 9:37 PM in response to lobsterghost1

As my wife says, I hate widgets. I did like the Windows tiles, but that's the extent of it. I keep a. simple screen. I did figure out how to modify the clock font.

I'm confused as to the reason why they suddenly are moving the notifications to the bottom. But, whatever. I'll suck it up. I do like being able to do effects on the picture. The one of my beautiful young bride below actually was taken in the daylight on the porch of a winery. It allowed me to darken the background.

Sep 18, 2022 5:36 AM in response to perfectreign

perfectreign wrote:

I'm definitely going to try. There has to be a way to get this phone upgraded to Ios 15 from 16.

Let's say you are successful and you find a path back to iOS 15. What then? Never update your iPhone again? Never get security updates, leaving your phone vulnerable? Never getting feature updates you might enjoy?

Every year, when iOS goes to the next level, there is some change not everyone will love, but yet we get used to them and even begin to appreciate them.

Your phone, your choice, but to be upset over where notifications land to the point of wanting to freeze your phone backwards honestly doesn't make a lot of sense.

Sep 18, 2022 11:46 AM in response to perfectreign

This doesn’t help you get what you want now but in the future don’t upgrade your iOS until you can see it in action on another device so you won’t be surprised by small changes that may irritate you. It sounds like you don’t really like change so it’s best if you don’t make moves to new updates until you can see them first. Unfortunately…you will be disappointed by any brand if you don’t like things to change or aren’t willing to adapt.

How to put notifications on top in iOS 16?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.