Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am buying a new iphone 14 plus. Unlocked to bring to Turkey to be used there via Turkcell carrier. I want to make sure they have been supporting eSIM activation since the iphone 14 s dont have a physical SIM card slot anymore. Thank you.

I am buying a new iphone 14 plus. Unlocked to bring to Turkey to be used there via Turkcell carrier. I want to make sure they have been supporting eSIM activation since the iphone 14 s dont have a physical SIM card slot anymore. Thank you.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 11:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 12:06 AM

You'll need to do some homework on the Internet, or get in touch with the carrier directly.

However, this blog suggests that Turkcell does support eSIM.

This page (in Turkish) from Turkcell also comments that they support eSIM.

A translation of that page provided the following text:

eSIM is an embedded digital SIM technology in compatible mobile phones instead of a physical SIM.

• Individual: You can come to our stores with your mobile phone using eSIM technology, convert your SIM card to Turkcell eSIM digitally and start receiving service from our network.

*If you are buying your iPhone 14 outside the US (and you didn't mention where you are) it will have a tray for a physical SIM.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2022 12:06 AM in response to moshe124

You'll need to do some homework on the Internet, or get in touch with the carrier directly.

However, this blog suggests that Turkcell does support eSIM.

This page (in Turkish) from Turkcell also comments that they support eSIM.

A translation of that page provided the following text:

eSIM is an embedded digital SIM technology in compatible mobile phones instead of a physical SIM.

• Individual: You can come to our stores with your mobile phone using eSIM technology, convert your SIM card to Turkcell eSIM digitally and start receiving service from our network.

*If you are buying your iPhone 14 outside the US (and you didn't mention where you are) it will have a tray for a physical SIM.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.