Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iPhone 14 in Europe, India or East Asia Have A SIM Card??

The iPhone 14 models sold in the United States have dual eSIMs. However, do the iPhone 14 models sold in Europe, India and East Asia have a physical SIM and an eSIM?

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 3:19 AM

6 replies

Sep 18, 2022 10:34 AM in response to muguy

Excellent! Then I think it will only be a matter of time until Apple permits those who travel internationally and need to communicate with local workers extensively, (who have mobile plants that charge very little for domestic calls and texts, but much more to call or text a US number) to be able to special order an iPhone 14 model with one physical SIM and an eSIM.

Sep 18, 2022 4:47 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

<<You will never be able to buy one from any US Apple store,>>

I lack that degree of certainty because some U.S. Apple employees travel the world too and realize the need. While Apple made the double eSIM move to stimulate smaller U.S. mobile carriers to get with the eSIM program. I expect it will at least permit online special orders within three or four months. Hope so anyway.

Sep 18, 2022 5:31 PM in response to cyberbiker

Conjecture is against the Terms of Use, but if I were to guess, I'd guess you are totally, absolutely, completely, utterly wrong. It is the rest of the world who will move rapidly to esim technology. Not Apple who will acquiesce to people in the US who think Apple will start offering physical sim iPhone 14 models in the US. Just like Apple didn't acquiesce when they removed the headphone jack. And the world moved quickly to Bluetooth. And Samsung has now removed the headphone jack. Apple rarely, if ever backtracks.

Does iPhone 14 in Europe, India or East Asia Have A SIM Card??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.