Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recovering data

my phone has been stolen and i don't have a recent iCloud backup. Is there any way i can recover my photos and my data in general?

Could i maybe backup the stolen iPhone (which is switched on and active at the moment) from any of my other devices?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 8:13 AM

You can restore whatever you synced with iCloud or backed up to iCloud in your last backup. If there is data not synced with iCloud, nor backed up, it's too late to worry about losing it. Going forward, you should plug your phone into charge at night, every night, with your phone connected to Wifi and iCloud backup turned on. Your phone will backup nightly ensuring no loss of data should this ever happen to you again. It's too late after catastrophe happens.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2022 8:13 AM in response to gmina12

You can restore whatever you synced with iCloud or backed up to iCloud in your last backup. If there is data not synced with iCloud, nor backed up, it's too late to worry about losing it. Going forward, you should plug your phone into charge at night, every night, with your phone connected to Wifi and iCloud backup turned on. Your phone will backup nightly ensuring no loss of data should this ever happen to you again. It's too late after catastrophe happens.

recovering data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.