You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rubber casing around Macbook Air M2 peeling off on its own.

I purchased the Macbook Air M2 in August 2022, barely used it and yesterday a very minute part of the rubber enclosing the display came out on its own. There are no issues with the display/hardware/software etc. but if this continues then it might cause problems to my screen in the future. Apple support told me that and also that it comes under Cosmetic Damage.

I haven't even touched the screen since it got delivered even by mistake and already it has come out. The device is brand new and under warranty.

Will Apple repair it after physical inspection or not?

MacBook Air, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 8:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 11:04 AM

Only Apple can provide a definitive answer, but it seems to me that is not merely cosmetic damage. Your concern is justified.

Of course this is just my opinion, which does not matter any more than anyone else's on this site. You need to bring your Mac to Apple: Get Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 18, 2022 11:04 AM in response to shivampatel71

Only Apple can provide a definitive answer, but it seems to me that is not merely cosmetic damage. Your concern is justified.

Of course this is just my opinion, which does not matter any more than anyone else's on this site. You need to bring your Mac to Apple: Get Support.

Rubber casing around Macbook Air M2 peeling off on its own.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.