Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari update

Hi! Why i cannot use whatsapp web? It says to update my safari but i just update the newest version of ios which is 15.7 on my ipad.. send help :(

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 11:27 AM

There are reports "whatsapp web" is incompatible with recent iOS versions. Only its developer can fix that: Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support.

To make sure you are using the latest Safari version, update iOS. To learn how to do that please read Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

2 replies

Sep 18, 2022 11:31 AM in response to ChipmunkZ

Many are reporting issues with accessing WhatsApp with the Safari browser after updating to iPadOS15.7.

Until (or indeed if) the WhatsApp portal is updated to accept connections from Safari, you’ll need to use another browser App. Firefox is reported to work well with WhatsApp:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/firefox-private-safe-browser/id989804926

As for Safari, some websites are known to incorrectly identify your iOS/iPadOS Safari User Agent when used in one or other of its browsing modes - of which there are two - these being Desktop and Mobile. Misidentification of the browser Agent can often manifest as the website reporting that your browser is out of date, or won’t properly render a page.

It’s easy to switch between modes if a website isn’t functioning correctly. From the desired web-page, touch the aA icon at the left of the Address Bar; this will reveal a menu. From the menu select Website Settings, then select (or deselect) Request Desktop Website, then tap Done. Now refresh the webpage.

The chosen setting will be saved for the selected website - and can be simply reversed if needed.

Safari update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.