You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not working

Hello, for some reason my own phone number is green instead of blue. I have tried powering off/on my phone including turning off/on iMessage/mms/sms and it’s still green, any way to fix this? And when I turn off/on iMessage, I get a ‘!’ Next to the message icon, and once I open the message app, I don’t have any notifications/alerts?

iPhone SE

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 9:03 AM

1 reply

Sep 21, 2022 11:42 AM in response to Anonymous_77

Hello Anonymous_77,

We understand that when you send a text to yourself, it sends as SMS and not iMessage.

First, we recommend checking to see if there are any known issues with iMessage in your area. You can do that here: Apple - Support - System Status

Then, check to see if your Apple ID and phone number are selected to send and receive iMessages: Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

Keep in mind, after turning iMessage off, you may see the "!" badge symbol until your device reconnects to the server.

Let us know what you find! Take care.

iMessage not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.