Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my notes password

I forgot my notes lock password and now i can't download apps because the locked note has all the passwords written down

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 10:38 AM

Does the “password hint” not help? (You’ll be able to view your hint after a few “failed attempts.”)

Note that there is no “failed attempt” limit, so you are free to keep on trying.

Beyond that, there is no recovery or workaround. We can not help you nor can Apple.

The note itself is encrypted when the password is applied, and part of the key for decryption IS the password.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but those are the unvarnished facts.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2022 10:38 AM in response to nonotreo

Does the “password hint” not help? (You’ll be able to view your hint after a few “failed attempts.”)

Note that there is no “failed attempt” limit, so you are free to keep on trying.

Beyond that, there is no recovery or workaround. We can not help you nor can Apple.

The note itself is encrypted when the password is applied, and part of the key for decryption IS the password.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but those are the unvarnished facts.

I forgot my notes password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.