Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch 8

If I buy an Apple watch 8 can I just gt rid of my iphone 6? will the watch do everything the iphone does?

iPhone 6

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 1:09 PM

5 replies

Sep 18, 2022 1:17 PM in response to Marthe

No, the watch mirrors the phone, ( a non cellular one) with a cellular one you can call, but looking something up on the internet will be difficult on your watch.

Also, the iPhone 6 runs iOS 12.5.6. That makes it impossible to pair an watch with a newer watchOS. You will not be able to pair the watch to your iPhone 6 most likely, and you cannot run the latest watchOS udpates

If you want to use an Apple Watch with your iPhone 6 I reccommend an older model like the series 1 or 2. Those are obsolete, just like your phone is

Sep 18, 2022 1:16 PM in response to Marthe

If you buy an apple watch 8 then you will need an iphone 8 or higher,otherwise the watch won't function,an apple watch is not a stand alone device and it must be paired to an iphone.

Apple watch 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.