You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 pro NOT waterproof

Went to a waterpark tried to use my phone to record going down slides, after the first slide I noticed that water had seeped into the inside of all 3 camera lenses! The camera was fogged up the whole day. Wth??

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 7:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 7:56 PM

I’ve owned every iPhone SIR this is the FIRST that has been “water resistant” to allow “water” into the lenses.

So you know what I meant. It wasn’t like I had the phone underwater. I was on a water slide, water splashed over my phone.

my iPhone 12,13 NEVER had this issue.

13 replies

Sep 18, 2022 9:20 PM in response to Kurtosis12

From apple’s website:

These iPhone models are splash, water, and dust resistant and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions:

”SPLASH RESISTANT” which is what I was referring to. Anyways it was moisture between the lens and case that fogged up so disregard this post. Phones fine. Why?

because it’s splash proof/waterproof to a certain depth.

Sep 19, 2022 10:59 AM in response to chandleriphone

iPhones are NOT water-proof. they are water-resistant which is an entirely different specification.

NOWHERE does apple say their phones are water-proof. If you destroy it with water Apple is not going to repair it and no one here can suggest anything else. Modern cars are designed to withstand crashes, it dont mean you drive them out of the showroom and into a cement truck.

Sep 18, 2022 7:43 PM in response to chandleriphone

No where does Apple claim any iPhone is waterproof.

They are water resistant.

That is not the same thing.

You have destroyed your new phone.

The warranty does not cover water damage.

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

To prevent liquid damage, avoid these:

• Swimming or bathing with your iPhone
  • Exposing your iPhone to pressurized water or high velocity water, such as when showering, water skiing, wake boarding, surfing, jet skiing, and so on
  • Using your iPhone in a sauna or steam room
  • Intentionally submerging your iPhone in water
  • Operating your iPhone outside the suggested temperature ranges or in extremely humid conditions
  • Dropping your iPhone or subjecting it to other impacts
  • Disassembling your iPhone, including removing screws

Sep 18, 2022 8:05 PM in response to chandleriphone

You may be the fastest we've seen destroy a brand new iPhone 14 Pro by submerging in water. iPhone is NOT now, nor has it EVER been waterproof and water damage is NOT covered by iPhone warranty. I hope you purchased AppleCare+ with the phone? If you didn't you'll be offered an Out of Warranty replacement for at least 60% of the price you just paid for the phone.

And whether you put it under water or not, you got it wet on a waterslide, which has destroyed your phone. Apple won't replace it. Period.

Sep 19, 2022 10:49 AM in response to chandleriphone

chandleriphone wrote:

Yes I do! Do you understand the difference between sliding down a water slide and diving into a pool?
With a water slide, the water is usually just enough to allow a person to slide on the surface of it. The person is not submerged in water, more than 90% of a person's body is above the water.

And yet your phone got wet enough that moisture was inside your camera lenses. Taking an over $1000 brand new iPhone down a water slide was a most unwise choice. And as we've told you, if there is any permanent damage, Apple will not warrant your phone.

Sep 19, 2022 11:53 AM in response to chandleriphone

If the phone is fine it is better for everyone to step away and move on. Please use caution around water with the iPhone since a minor drop and time can degrade the water resistance of the device. The "idiots" you referred to in a deleted post were doing the same activities you were but you cannot see that right now since you are too busy trying to prove your correctness. I dont care if you are right or wrong. you know the risks.

iPhone 14 pro NOT waterproof

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.