You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find app

Hi, I usually use app Find to see, where my husband or child was, but after iOS 16 a couldn’t use it anymore.

could you please take a look at this issue?

the “family” looks like find is working, but when I try to use it, it can’t find anything.

see photos.

thanks.

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 10:29 AM

3 replies

Sep 22, 2022 5:14 PM in response to Marslegr

Hello Marslegr,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. You may need to have your family members to share their location with you with the use of Find My. Here are the steps for them to follow:

Share your location with family members

When you share locations with your family, they can see your location in Find My. You can also get notified when family members change their locations—for example, if a child leaves school during school hours.

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing, then scroll down and tap Location.

2. Tap the name of a family member you want to share your location with.

You can repeat this step for each family member you want to share your location with. Each family member receives a message that you’re sharing your location and can choose to share their location with you.

You can stop sharing your location with any family member at any time.

Note: Children and teens with Screen Time turned on may not be able to change their own location sharing settings.
To share your location, you must have Location Services turned on in Settings  > Privacy & Security. See Control the location information you share on iPhone.

Following these steps may help resolve your issue.

Best regards.

Find app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.