Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop not working

I am not able to send or receive airdrops with my wife who is right next to. She can see my device but I can’t see hers. We both have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on and are in each other’s contacts.

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 1:55 AM

Please check your Screen Time restrictions on your iPhone.

Screen Time

Settings > Screen Time > Content and Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps > AirDrop [Enable]

Watch the GIF below

If you have Contacts Only turned On then please add Apple ID of the sending device to your list of contacts on the receiving device. See the pic at the bottom of this post for better clarity

Before you begin

• Make sure that the person you're sending to is nearby and within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.
  • Check that you and the person you're sending to have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on. If either of you have Personal Hotspot on, turn it off.
  • Check if the person you're sending to has their AirDrop set to receive from Contacts Only. If they do, and you’re in their Contacts, they need to have your email address or mobile number in your contact card for AirDrop to work.
  • If you're not in their Contacts, have them set their AirDrop receiving setting to Everyone in order to receive the file.

You can put your AirDrop receiving setting to Contacts Only or Receiving Off at any time to control who can see your device and send you content in AirDrop.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 1:55 AM in response to Goomb

Please check your Screen Time restrictions on your iPhone.

Screen Time

Settings > Screen Time > Content and Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps > AirDrop [Enable]

Watch the GIF below

If you have Contacts Only turned On then please add Apple ID of the sending device to your list of contacts on the receiving device. See the pic at the bottom of this post for better clarity

Before you begin

• Make sure that the person you're sending to is nearby and within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.
  • Check that you and the person you're sending to have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on. If either of you have Personal Hotspot on, turn it off.
  • Check if the person you're sending to has their AirDrop set to receive from Contacts Only. If they do, and you’re in their Contacts, they need to have your email address or mobile number in your contact card for AirDrop to work.
  • If you're not in their Contacts, have them set their AirDrop receiving setting to Everyone in order to receive the file.

You can put your AirDrop receiving setting to Contacts Only or Receiving Off at any time to control who can see your device and send you content in AirDrop.

Airdrop not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.