Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air drop on iPhone

When apple ever visit the problems with airdrop?

I have an iPhone 14 pro and iPhone 13 both on the same version of iOS and I can’t transfer anything. This is sheer lunacy when i am unable to make this transfer work when I have reset network settings, toggled Bluetooth, toggled airdrop settings on both devices.

Does apple have any idea to fix this? It should not be this hard to transfer data between apple devices.

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 5:58 PM

1 reply

Sep 23, 2022 4:15 PM in response to GSNNithy

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, GSNNithy!

We understand you're having trouble sharing via AirDrop on your iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 13. We'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

Start out by making sure you have the latest update on both devices:

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you're using two different Apple IDs on your devices, add yourself to the contacts list. If you'd rather not do that, make sure sharing with Everyone is enabled so both devices appear:

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

"How to adjust AirDrop settings

To choose who can see your device and send you content in AirDrop:

1. Go to Settings, then tap General.
  2. Tap AirDrop, then choose an option.

You can also set your AirDrop options in Control Center:

1. On iPhone X or later, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen to open Control Center. Or follow the same motion to open Control Center on your iPad with iOS 12 or later or iPadOS. On your iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
  2. Press firmly or touch and hold the network settings card in the upper-left corner.
  3. Touch and hold the AirDrop button , then choose one of these options:
    • Receiving Off: You won't receive AirDrop requests. 
    • Contacts Only: Only your contacts can see your device.
    • Everyone: All nearby Apple devices using AirDrop can see your device.

If you see Receiving Off and can't tap to change it:

1. Go to Settings > Screen Time.
  2. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions.
  3. Tap Allowed Apps and make sure that AirDrop is turned on."

Let us know the results.

Have a great day!

Air drop on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.