Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The movies that show in the app on my iPad don’t show on the app on my smart TV.

I have about 10 - 12 movies in my Apple library that I can see on my iPhone and iPad. But only about 8 of them show in the Apple app on my smart TV. Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 3:31 AM

1. On iPhone and iPad you may see locally synced files. Those would not be available in the Apple TV app on third party devices.
  2. On iPhone and iPad you may see Home Sharing files from the library of a networked computer. Those would not be available in the Apple TV app on third party devices.
  3. On iPhone and iPad you may see content from connected apps (in Up Next or Watch Now; not in the library though). Those would not be available in the Apple TV app on third party devices.

If none of the above applies, then try signing out and signing in again to refresh the library.

Else contact the iTunes Store staff for further investigation.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 3:31 AM in response to Racytrae

1. On iPhone and iPad you may see locally synced files. Those would not be available in the Apple TV app on third party devices.
  2. On iPhone and iPad you may see Home Sharing files from the library of a networked computer. Those would not be available in the Apple TV app on third party devices.
  3. On iPhone and iPad you may see content from connected apps (in Up Next or Watch Now; not in the library though). Those would not be available in the Apple TV app on third party devices.

If none of the above applies, then try signing out and signing in again to refresh the library.

Else contact the iTunes Store staff for further investigation.

The movies that show in the app on my iPad don’t show on the app on my smart TV.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.