Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatic Updates iPhone 11 IOS 16

I have all of the settings set for automatic updates. However when I check App Store. I can 10-15 apps sitting there waiting for me to do manual updates.

I’ve turned the settings off and back on. Restarted phone and nothing changes. Why it this happening?

This has been happening for quite some time. Not just after I upgraded to IOS16

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 12:43 AM

Do you using a Wi-Fi network or (cellular data , hotspot) ?

is the low power mode on ?

If you update your apps on your iPhone manually do you see any error message or do you facing any problem?

do you use a VPN?

During answers that questions, you can try this steps:

• make sure the date and time is correct:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. Turn on Set Automatically1 in Settings > General > Date & Time. This automatically sets your date and time based on your time zone.
  3. If a message appears saying that updated time zone information is available, restart your device and any paired Apple Watch.
  4. Allow your device to use its current location to determine the correct time zone. To do this, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services and turn on Setting Time Zone.
  5. Check that your device shows the correct time zone in Settings > General > Date & Time > Time Zone.

• make sure that you don’t have a school or business account :

Mobile device management (MDM) configuration profiles—typically installed by employers, schools, or other official organizations—allow additional privileges and access to a user’s devices. To look for an unknown MDM configuration profile on your devices, see Delete unknown configuration profiles from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

• turn off the screen time Temporarily to see if that will solve your problem !

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 12:43 AM in response to Mercy7707

Do you using a Wi-Fi network or (cellular data , hotspot) ?

is the low power mode on ?

If you update your apps on your iPhone manually do you see any error message or do you facing any problem?

do you use a VPN?

During answers that questions, you can try this steps:

• make sure the date and time is correct:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. Turn on Set Automatically1 in Settings > General > Date & Time. This automatically sets your date and time based on your time zone.
  3. If a message appears saying that updated time zone information is available, restart your device and any paired Apple Watch.
  4. Allow your device to use its current location to determine the correct time zone. To do this, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services and turn on Setting Time Zone.
  5. Check that your device shows the correct time zone in Settings > General > Date & Time > Time Zone.

• make sure that you don’t have a school or business account :

Mobile device management (MDM) configuration profiles—typically installed by employers, schools, or other official organizations—allow additional privileges and access to a user’s devices. To look for an unknown MDM configuration profile on your devices, see Delete unknown configuration profiles from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

• turn off the screen time Temporarily to see if that will solve your problem !

Sep 19, 2022 8:51 PM in response to Mercy7707

Hey there,

There are a few things you can try in order to get automatic updates working. First you can follow the steps in this article ☞ How to manually update apps on your Apple device In order to check that you do not have any of your options set to manual. Once you have confirmed this you can try restarting your device, checking that you are connected to Wi-Fi, and checking that you have adequate storage to install the updates.

Automatic Updates iPhone 11 IOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.