Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Garage Band for Mac Monterey record two separate tracks simultaneously from an audio interface like Focusurite 2i2?

Focusrite 2i2 has two input channels, each with a preamp and controls. When connected to Garage Band for Mac, will Garage Band allow two new audio tracks to be created with each recording a single input from Focusrite 2i2 at the simultaneously? Example: Voice is into input 1, guitar is in input 2. Can those separate inputs also be separated to two tracks on GarageBands while playing through them at the same time?

I know both inputs can be recorded to one track, but what about isolating what is going into the inputs onto two audio recording tracks to two recording tracks? Possible? If so, what buttons to push to get there?

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 6:06 AM

Yep it should work, follow this:

Record to multiple audio tracks in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply

Will Garage Band for Mac Monterey record two separate tracks simultaneously from an audio interface like Focusurite 2i2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.