Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not recognising wi-fi password

Hi, my iphone 7plus and my iPad suddenly stopped recognising my wi-fi password. It keeps saying‘incorrect password’. Would be grateful for any advice.

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 4:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 5:07 AM

Does it only happen at home or with all different wifi networks?

• Should be the former, check if you or someone else, changed the password on your modem-router.
  • Should be the latter, go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings, bearing in mind that this procedure also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before. When done, restart your iPhone.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 5:07 AM in response to iryna217

Does it only happen at home or with all different wifi networks?

• Should be the former, check if you or someone else, changed the password on your modem-router.
  • Should be the latter, go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings, bearing in mind that this procedure also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before. When done, restart your iPhone.

Regards

Giulio

Not recognising wi-fi password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.