Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set/change the opacity in Preview?

Viewing PDFs in Preview is rather annoying. They are translucent. Seeing the windows/desktop that are sitting behind Preview while I'm trying to read the PDF is HIGHLY distracting!

Why is Preview translucent??? I don't remember this issue existing in older versions of OS X.

So. How do I set the opacity of the entire document in Preview?

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 9:25 AM

If the same PDFs are opened in another PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, Skim, etc.) are the PDFs displayed with the same transparency as in Preview? What application has been used to create these PDFs — in the Finder, single-click on the PDF and press option+cmd+i to see the Content Creator.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 9:25 AM in response to bobsuncle

If the same PDFs are opened in another PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, Skim, etc.) are the PDFs displayed with the same transparency as in Preview? What application has been used to create these PDFs — in the Finder, single-click on the PDF and press option+cmd+i to see the Content Creator.

How to set/change the opacity in Preview?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.