Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM Not Supported

Iphone 14 Pro is stuck on the screen "SIM Not Supported" and I can't use the phone.

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply
15 replies

Sep 20, 2022 1:33 PM in response to Thai7777

ONLY the carrier a phone is locked to can unlock the phone. If you bought the phone under a promotion with Xfinity, you agreed to use their service for a period of time. You need to work this out with Xfinity. Apple does not have any control over carrier locks.

Seems you shouldn't have bought a phone subsidized by a carrier if you didn't plan to use that carrier as your cellular provider.

Sep 20, 2022 3:30 PM in response to lobsterghost1

I purchased the phone from Xfinity with full intentions on using their service with the phone. Here is some details on Xfinity unlock eligibility guidelines https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/eligible-to-unlock-phone for which I do not qualify since the phone is not fully paid off yet since I only just received the phone with a 24 month payment plan (like most carriers promoting iPhone 14). I've had other iPhones (13 Pro, 11 Pro, XR) with Xfinity and have never had this issue before until now with this iPhone 14 Pro and it supporting only eSim!

I don't know if this is specifically about phones being locked or not, I would imagine not since a lot of customers are most likely purchased iPhone 14 with a payment plan of 24 months. I think this is more about the eSim information not registering on the iPhone 14 Pro correctly or in sync with the same numbers in my Xfinity account.

Sep 20, 2022 3:59 PM in response to Thai7777

Thai7777 wrote:

I purchased the phone from Xfinity with full intentions on using their service with the phone. Here is some details on Xfinity unlock eligibility guidelines https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/eligible-to-unlock-phone for which I do not qualify since the phone is not fully paid off yet since I only just received the phone with a 24 month payment plan (like most carriers promoting iPhone 14). I've had other iPhones (13 Pro, 11 Pro, XR) with Xfinity and have never had this issue before until now with this iPhone 14 Pro and it supporting only eSim!

I don't know if this is specifically about phones being locked or not, I would imagine not since a lot of customers are most likely purchased iPhone 14 with a payment plan of 24 months. I think this is more about the eSim information not registering on the iPhone 14 Pro correctly or in sync with the same numbers in my Xfinity account.

This makes no sense whatsoever. You bought the phone from Xfinity. Why would you need to unlock a phone you bought from them? They should immediate activate the phone on their network. If you had purchased the phone from someone other than Xfinity and it was locked to them, then yes, Xfinity could not unlock it. But you don't need your phone unlocked, nor should you be required to pay off the phone when you bought it under a 24 month plan from XFINITY.

Elevate this higher up with them. Either you're not sharing something important about this phone you purchased or Xfinity is simply incompetent.

SIM Not Supported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.