Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Drain

My battery on my iphone 14 pro drains fast. Will there be any fix to it?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 2:38 PM

My iPhone 14 Pro battery drains less quickly even than my iPhone 13 Pro battery did - which was certainly fine.

I did turn off the Always-On display.

And, of course, you should realize there are many start-up activities required when moving to a new iPhone. Material must be downloaded, etc.

4 replies

Sep 23, 2022 3:41 AM in response to sberman

I don't know if this issue has been solved. There are many reports of high battery drain with the iPhone 14 Pro, even among the editors and writers of well-known Apple-related publications. My previous iPhone 13 Pro Max had excellent battery life, and though I anticipated slightly less battery life due to the smaller battery in the 14 Pro, I didn't anticipate having 50% drain in half a day. The reports from the magazine editors state that they believe it's an issue with the AOD (always on display) and may be a software issue that can be resolved in an update. The problem, as stated, lies with the AOD being too bright, as opposed to Samsung's very dim AOD. I turned the AOD off on my new iPhone 14 Pro, and now it's getting terrific battery life – nearly as good as my 13 Pro Max. It seems to me that this confirms the published reports of the AOD draining the battery.

As others have stated, you should start by looking at what's using the most of your battery, and correcting that issue. If it persists, try turning off the AOD. If it still doesn't help, schedule a visit at the local genius bar. Also as others mentioned, it may take up to a few days to shuffle all the programs, apps, and support functions together.

I'm going to leave AOD off, which is a shame as it's one of the features I looked forward to. Hoping an update will resolve this in the near future.

Battery Drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.