Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch

Just got a new apple watch. Will I lose my move streak when I set up new watch? It is a very long streak.

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 4:21 PM

As long as you make a backup when you unpair your old watch and then when you pair the new watch when you're asked to setup as new or restore from a backup choose restore from backup and select the backup you made when you unpaired your old watch.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 4:21 PM in response to dantov2323

As long as you make a backup when you unpair your old watch and then when you pair the new watch when you're asked to setup as new or restore from a backup choose restore from backup and select the backup you made when you unpaired your old watch.

Sep 20, 2022 4:45 PM in response to dantov2323

No you must unpair the old watch first so that you get all your present data into the backup,if you pair the new watch first then you won't have all your fitness data to put on the new watch because it hasn't been backed up.

Sep 20, 2022 4:33 PM in response to dantov2323

When you unpair your watch in the watch app on the phone a backup is automatically made and uploaded to icloud,and that is the backup you use when you come to pair the new watch with your phone.

Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.