Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo App doesn't work properly when loading

Currently My Macbook pro(13-inch, 2020) is macOS Monterey 12.6.

When I load Photo App someday, the error is shown as below.

Is there anyone who encounter this error and solve it?

And, iCloud also doesn't sync, Updating is holding as below, doesn't work anymore.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 9:49 AM

After creating the new library did you try to go back and open the original library? That sometimes helps.

Next, if needed, boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if you can open the library. If you can reboot normally and try again. If it's still unsuccessful then you may have some 3rd party software that is interfering with Photos.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2022 9:49 AM in response to lejasu

After creating the new library did you try to go back and open the original library? That sometimes helps.

Next, if needed, boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if you can open the library. If you can reboot normally and try again. If it's still unsuccessful then you may have some 3rd party software that is interfering with Photos.

Sep 21, 2022 1:25 AM in response to TonyCollinet

I didn't modified anything and just used default location of Photo apps.

And I also didn't use these kinds of apps such as any speedup/clean up.

I have searched the information by googling with error message occurred when running Photo app.

The results was very old and I didn't find similar issue.

As a results, I created new photo library with "Open others ..." as above error figure, and I didn't find any my photos.

How can I find my photos in iCloud?

Photo App doesn't work properly when loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.