Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air keeps shutting off even when plugged in.

I took my 2017 macbook air in to the store today and told them whats going on.

Although i did get a message on my mac that its time to replace battery. My mac can still hold a charge and it still charges.

i went in today at a local apple store and they did the quick 3min diagnostic and it showed every thing is working except the battery needs to be replaced(yellow).

I feel like its the logicboard that is the culprit. The computer shut down one day, and it never came back on. It wouldn’t even charge. Then hours later it comes back on and charges like nothing happens. The next day it cuts off and cuts off everytime i try to boot up. Sometimes i can get pass the boot part and it cuts off soon after even when plugged up.

That doesn’t sound like a battery. Sounds awful lot like logic board problems.

Anyone else have this problem?

Also after they replace battery i will post to let everyone know if that solved the problem.

Thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 1:34 PM

yep that was the fix. Just the battery. So far havent had any problems of it cutting off with or without it being plugged up.

Similar questions

1 reply

Macbook Air keeps shutting off even when plugged in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.