Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loss of Quality after Export to iPhone (Final Cut Pro)

I am new to fcp (about a week or so) and I am trying to export videos to post them to Tik Tok. When i view the videos on my computer, they look great. The quality of the clips before importing them and during editing (on my phone, comp, and fcp) look perfect. However after I export, when I play them on my iPhone, they are a bit grainy - post export is the only time I am having quality issues. I have attached screen shots showing the difference in quality.

NOTE: I had to use Wide Gamut HDR as I recorded in HDR by mistake. I have also attached a clip of the export settings - the error message says "Using an 8 bit codec with HDR content may affect video quality". However, in the past, I used 'standard' not wide gamut and was still having the same exact loss of quality issue. So i do not think the error is related to the loss of quality.

Sorry if this is a lot of information. I have tried watching many YouTube videos on this, but honestly, it is like reading instructions in a foreign language. I appreciate any recommendations or feedback.

Just trying to get to the bottom of this so I can have cleaner videos on mobile post export.

MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 6:24 AM

Similar questions

13 replies

Loss of Quality after Export to iPhone (Final Cut Pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.