Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTune backup of iphone to pc

When doing a backup of my iphone 6 to my pc using iTunes will apps and their settings be included in the backup?

iPhone 6

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 9:23 AM

debg918 wrote:

Thanks razmee209. So the best thing to do when I get my new iphone is to download the apps I have on my current phone, and then do the restore of backup onto the new phone, correct?

When you sign into your apple id, those app will transfer over to your new phone, I don't remember exactly when that occurs it's been awhile since I backed up and restore from itunes, but it maybe during the restoring from your itunes backup.

Here some info about itunes backup Backup methods for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

And restoring from it Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2022 9:23 AM in response to debg918

debg918 wrote:

Thanks razmee209. So the best thing to do when I get my new iphone is to download the apps I have on my current phone, and then do the restore of backup onto the new phone, correct?

When you sign into your apple id, those app will transfer over to your new phone, I don't remember exactly when that occurs it's been awhile since I backed up and restore from itunes, but it maybe during the restoring from your itunes backup.

Here some info about itunes backup Backup methods for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

And restoring from it Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

iTune backup of iphone to pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.