Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating a gps device on entry level ipad

Is there something that I can connect to entry level 9th generation ipad to enable me to update my gps device?. If so is there an app for this procedure?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 11:48 AM

iPads CANNOT install and dowmload software from other third third party sources AND CANNOT download/install such software to any other connected external devices.

iPads do not work in that manner.

iPads are NOT a full laptop computer/laptop computer replacement.

No app, if it even exists, will NOT help/work, either.

Sorry.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2022 11:48 AM in response to Meteore2009

iPads CANNOT install and dowmload software from other third third party sources AND CANNOT download/install such software to any other connected external devices.

iPads do not work in that manner.

iPads are NOT a full laptop computer/laptop computer replacement.

No app, if it even exists, will NOT help/work, either.

Sorry.

Sep 21, 2022 12:04 PM in response to Meteore2009

No iPad is a replacement for a full MacBook with macOS/Windows PC laptop

Many things that full laptop computers can do that iPads still can’t.

iPads only have very rudimentary mouse/trackpad support and only rudimentary external drive support.

iPads are still very “app-centric”, like smart phones/iPhones.

iPads still have limited multitasking ( While this limatation will change for the much more expensive iPad Pro models with an Apple M1 CPU chip or greater running the up and coming iPadOS 16, for most other, lessee iPads models, limited multitasking will still be in full force, even with the up and coming iPadOS 16.).

Apple iOS/iPadOS devices are heavily “sandboxed” for both device data and perrsonal information data security.

Updating a gps device on entry level ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.