Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Air is making a clicking noise

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 1:48 PM

Does it persist if you mute the sound output? The idea is to determine if the sound is coming from your Mac's built-in speakers or something else.

The only moving part in an Intel MacBook Air is its exhaust fan. You can use Apple Diagnostics to exercise it: Diagnose problems with your Mac - Apple Support. If you correlate the noise to the fan, the cause is usually a contaminant such as an accumulation of dust. They can be cleaned. Get Support if you arrive at that conclusion.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2022 1:48 PM in response to nursehenn

Does it persist if you mute the sound output? The idea is to determine if the sound is coming from your Mac's built-in speakers or something else.

The only moving part in an Intel MacBook Air is its exhaust fan. You can use Apple Diagnostics to exercise it: Diagnose problems with your Mac - Apple Support. If you correlate the noise to the fan, the cause is usually a contaminant such as an accumulation of dust. They can be cleaned. Get Support if you arrive at that conclusion.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.