Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS 9 and the dots that appeared on top of watch screen

I am furious of the latest update IOS 9. There were very useful little dots appearing on top of the screen : green for notification, and arrow when a podcast or music was played, little map dot for map, green dot when exercising that enabled one to keep on having a pleasant watch face and a quick way to switch to whatever was going on.

Who decided to get rid of them? At least give us the possibility to choose how we want to manage that because your “now playing” is bulky and requires more steps I feel I am on an old PC….

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 8:24 AM

I believe if you go into your Watch app you can change them. Once you have opened the app, go to the "My Watch" tab at the bottom, click on Notifications, and turn on Notifications Indicator. This should put back the notification dot. For the now playing arrow, Click on Genera, then Auto-Launch, and turn on Auto-Launch Audio Apps. I'm not positive that this last one will work, but it might. Hope this helps! :)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2022 8:24 AM in response to Kokopéli

I believe if you go into your Watch app you can change them. Once you have opened the app, go to the "My Watch" tab at the bottom, click on Notifications, and turn on Notifications Indicator. This should put back the notification dot. For the now playing arrow, Click on Genera, then Auto-Launch, and turn on Auto-Launch Audio Apps. I'm not positive that this last one will work, but it might. Hope this helps! :)

OS 9 and the dots that appeared on top of watch screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.