Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 battery drains too fast after updating to iOS 16

My iphone 12 Pro Max battery drain so fast after upgrading to ios 16. How to solve it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 12:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 2:09 AM

All rechargeable batteries are consumable components that become less effective as they chemically age.

As lithium-ion batteries chemically age, the amount of charge they can hold diminishes, resulting in shorter amounts of time before a device needs to be recharged.

Apple won’t replace the battery until it reaches 80% capacity.

Battery Performance Tips:

Need more help?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2022 2:09 AM in response to Shafinur

All rechargeable batteries are consumable components that become less effective as they chemically age.

As lithium-ion batteries chemically age, the amount of charge they can hold diminishes, resulting in shorter amounts of time before a device needs to be recharged.

Apple won’t replace the battery until it reaches 80% capacity.

Battery Performance Tips:

Need more help?

Sep 22, 2022 3:30 AM in response to Smilin-Brian

Im realised it as what you said base on age reason. However.. im feel really surprise on battery consumption before if comparing with ios 15.7. Its much better on battery comsumption.

Normally i had recharge it once the battery level reduce to 20% and i will charge it until 80-85%. it will sustaining me up to next day to recharge again with ios 15.7. But now with ios 16… it getting worst. Same goes to my son phone too, he need to charge it more than 2 time a day for daily usage.

May be you can survey with other users iether my statement is nonsence or you can think it back base on my genuiene statement. Anyway im really love and much appreciate to Apple since iPhone 3 and never ever turn to other product. Pls appreciate it to your loyalty customer, tq👍

iPhone 12 battery drains too fast after updating to iOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.