Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my iPhone. Can you help me find it?

I lost my iphone13. Can you help me find it?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 1:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 1:35 AM

Did you enable Find My?

Open the Find My app. Choose the Devices tab or the Items tab. Select your missing device or item, then choose Play Sound. If your device is offline, it won't play a sound until it connects to a network.13-May-2022

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item

If you didn't turn on Find My [device] before your device was lost or stolen, it can't be used to locate your device nor you can use the IMEI number for tracking the device. The best action would be to Change your Apple ID password and change the passwords for other internet accounts on your device. This can include email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, etc...

Don'ts

If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device.

An example of my iPhone 5 is given in the GIF below. There is no "Undo" after you remove it from your account.

Find IMEI & Serial No. of the Lost Device

1. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple ...
  2. Find the serial number or IMEI on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...

You may use a web browser to get the Serial Number and the IMEI Number. You cannot track using the IMEI number. but you may need it so keep it handy

Log in to https://appleid.apple.com with your Apple ID credentials. All your devices will be listed there. Click on any to get the details.

Do's, If you had enabled "Find My" before it was lost

Beware of Phishing!

Be careful and be smart to --> Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phoney support calls ...

Note: Apple will never send you any info on Lost/Found iPhones. It (Phishing) may appear as the image given below.

Switched Off? Still traceable

Even if the iPhone is switched off it is findable, see the pic below.

Device Offline?

I see my device in Find My, but it's offline

If you see "Offline," "No location available," or "Location Services Off," your device might be offline for one of these reasons:

Don't see your device?

• You might not have Find My turned on.
  • If you're using the Find My app, you can't see your device's location if more than 7 days have passed since its last location was sent to Apple.
  • If you're using iCloud.com/find, you can't see your device's location if it's powered off, the battery has run out, or more than 24 hours has passed since its last location was sent to Apple.
  • Learn how you can still protect your information.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2022 1:35 AM in response to HelpPattyHoehnSmith

Did you enable Find My?

Open the Find My app. Choose the Devices tab or the Items tab. Select your missing device or item, then choose Play Sound. If your device is offline, it won't play a sound until it connects to a network.13-May-2022

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item

If you didn't turn on Find My [device] before your device was lost or stolen, it can't be used to locate your device nor you can use the IMEI number for tracking the device. The best action would be to Change your Apple ID password and change the passwords for other internet accounts on your device. This can include email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, etc...

Don'ts

If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device.

An example of my iPhone 5 is given in the GIF below. There is no "Undo" after you remove it from your account.

Find IMEI & Serial No. of the Lost Device

1. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple ...
  2. Find the serial number or IMEI on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...

You may use a web browser to get the Serial Number and the IMEI Number. You cannot track using the IMEI number. but you may need it so keep it handy

Log in to https://appleid.apple.com with your Apple ID credentials. All your devices will be listed there. Click on any to get the details.

Do's, If you had enabled "Find My" before it was lost

Beware of Phishing!

Be careful and be smart to --> Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phoney support calls ...

Note: Apple will never send you any info on Lost/Found iPhones. It (Phishing) may appear as the image given below.

Switched Off? Still traceable

Even if the iPhone is switched off it is findable, see the pic below.

Device Offline?

I see my device in Find My, but it's offline

If you see "Offline," "No location available," or "Location Services Off," your device might be offline for one of these reasons:

Don't see your device?

• You might not have Find My turned on.
  • If you're using the Find My app, you can't see your device's location if more than 7 days have passed since its last location was sent to Apple.
  • If you're using iCloud.com/find, you can't see your device's location if it's powered off, the battery has run out, or more than 24 hours has passed since its last location was sent to Apple.
  • Learn how you can still protect your information.

I lost my iPhone. Can you help me find it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.