Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod classic cuts off in car

Please can someone help ! I have just bought a 2017 Astra..I have plugged my ipod classic into the usb connection in the arm rest..comes up on the screen no problem plays the first song no problem. Midway through a 2nd song ipod goes off freezes for about a minute comes back on but starts with the 1st song in my library 🤷🏽‍♂️. I have tried 2 classics and a touch and 2 different leads but same thing happens.Anyone have any ideas ? I have tried a usb stick and that works fine so I know its not the usb connector in the car. Thanks in advance for any help !

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 2:41 AM

The iPod Classic has a hard drive inside it, which is susceptible to the vibrations of the car and the road you're on.

My guess is that (in your new car) the Classic is being subjected to more vibration than it can handle and this causes a reset of some sort.

The only thing to try is sitting the iPod on a cushion of some sort, that will absorb the worst of the vibrations.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2022 2:41 AM in response to Colin3110

The iPod Classic has a hard drive inside it, which is susceptible to the vibrations of the car and the road you're on.

My guess is that (in your new car) the Classic is being subjected to more vibration than it can handle and this causes a reset of some sort.

The only thing to try is sitting the iPod on a cushion of some sort, that will absorb the worst of the vibrations.

Ipod classic cuts off in car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.