Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black spot/ Dead pixel 2 months into use from my Mac Air M1

Is Apple Service centers and Authorised Service center still replace my macbook screen if it's still under warranty? I have a black spot or dead pixel in my screen only 2 months after I started using it. I've seen a lot of comments on the matter, some say Apple service will replace it some say they don't so I want to know which are the options that I have.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 3:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 10:10 AM

I'm not sure what the current rules are since it has been so long since I've seen bad pixels on a new device. Years ago the rule was there had to be at least three affected pixels next to each other. You will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to get an official answer. Apple always has the final say in coverage & support matters.

Edit: Just noticed the "black spot" portion of the post. If it is a discoloration of some sort covering a portion of the screen, then that is completely different than a bad pixel. Discolorations can sometimes be caused by accidental damage, usually from heat. Again, only Apple or an AASP can tell you whether the problem with your display is covered by the warranty.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2022 10:10 AM in response to vi191

I'm not sure what the current rules are since it has been so long since I've seen bad pixels on a new device. Years ago the rule was there had to be at least three affected pixels next to each other. You will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to get an official answer. Apple always has the final say in coverage & support matters.

Edit: Just noticed the "black spot" portion of the post. If it is a discoloration of some sort covering a portion of the screen, then that is completely different than a bad pixel. Discolorations can sometimes be caused by accidental damage, usually from heat. Again, only Apple or an AASP can tell you whether the problem with your display is covered by the warranty.

Black spot/ Dead pixel 2 months into use from my Mac Air M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.