You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I remove my son from family sharing, will he keep his iCloud storage until he sets up his own credit card?

If I remove my son from family sharing, will he keep his iCloud storage until he sets up his own credit card? He's an adult now and needs his own Family Sharing. TY!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 5:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 6:46 AM

If you leave a family that shares an iCloud+ plan and you're using more than 5 GB of storage, you can buy your own plan to continue using iCloud storage. Find out more about what happens when you stop using Family Sharing

If you choose not to buy your own plan and the content that you're storing in iCloud exceeds your available storage, new photos and videos won't upload to iCloud Photos, files will no longer upload in iCloud Drive, and your iOS and iPadOS devices will stop backing up. Find out how to make more space available in iCloud.

See >>> Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 22, 2022 6:46 AM in response to HitTheBeachOC

If you leave a family that shares an iCloud+ plan and you're using more than 5 GB of storage, you can buy your own plan to continue using iCloud storage. Find out more about what happens when you stop using Family Sharing

If you choose not to buy your own plan and the content that you're storing in iCloud exceeds your available storage, new photos and videos won't upload to iCloud Photos, files will no longer upload in iCloud Drive, and your iOS and iPadOS devices will stop backing up. Find out how to make more space available in iCloud.

See >>> Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

If I remove my son from family sharing, will he keep his iCloud storage until he sets up his own credit card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.