Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location Services Won’t Turn Off

Hello,

i need some help out with my iPhone the location service won’t tuen off. Looks like I’m using it but, I’m not. Here is a picture of it.

Thank you

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 6:54 AM

5 replies

Sep 26, 2022 5:44 AM in response to Cairn Terrier1888

Hello Cairn Terrier1888,

Thanks for getting back to us. Is this happening when you have a certain app open? We recommend opening the App Switcher to see which apps you have open. Generally, you'd want to only close out of apps if they're not responding, but it may be useful in this case to isolate the issue: Switch apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"Switch apps on iPhone X or later, and iPad

If you have an iPhone X or later, or an iPad:

1. Swipe up from the bottom to the middle of your screen and hold until you see the App Switcher.
  2. Swipe left or right to find the app that you want to use.
  3. Tap the app.

If you have a Smart Keyboard or Bluetooth keyboard paired to your iPad, press Command-Tab to switch between apps."

You could try closing the apps one at a time by swiping up on them in the App Switcher and then checking to see if the Location Services arrow disappears after closing a specific app.

Let us know what you find, and have a good one.

Sep 25, 2022 12:27 PM in response to Cairn Terrier1888

Hey Cairn Terrier1888,

Sounds like you believe that Location Services is enabled even while toggled off. We'd be happy to help out.

To start, we see that you're in Low Power Mode. This disables a variety of things on your iPhone when enabled, so please toggle this off while troubleshooting. Test things out afterward and let us know the results.

You'll also find more info on troubleshooting Location Services here: Turn Location Services and GPS on or off on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Keep us posted on the results and we'll go from there.

Take care!

Location Services Won’t Turn Off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.